Here at GingerBay Pest Control, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide effective pest control services that are fully health and safety compliant.
The points below are the guidelines we use to protect our staff, our customers, and the general public, by ensuring safe working practices at all times.
- Make sure kids, pets, and anyone non-essential to the application is out of the area before mixing and applying pesticides.
- Be sure to wear clothing that will protect you when using pesticides. Consider wearing a long sleeve shirt, long pants, and closed-toe shoes in addition to any other protective clothing or equipment required by the label.
- Mix pesticides outdoors or in well-ventilated areas.
- Mix only what you need to use in the short term to avoid storing or disposing of excess pesticide.
- Be prepared for a pesticide spill. Have paper towels, sawdust or kitty litter, garbage bags, and non-absorbent gloves on hand to contain the spill. Avoid using excessive amounts of water, as this may only spread the pesticide and could be harmful to the environment.
- Read the first aid instructions on the label before using the product.
- Remove personal items, such as toys, clothing, or tools from the spray area to avoid contamination.
- When spraying pesticides indoors, make sure the area is well ventilated.
- When applying pesticides as a spray or dust outside, avoid windy conditions and close the doors and windows to your home.
- After using pesticides, wash your hands before smoking or eating.