Pest Control in Educational Institution
Many educational institutions like schools and colleges have conditions suitable for pest infestations. Common pests like ants, bedbugs, cockroaches, houseflies, mosquitoes and rats can be found in schools and college campuses.
Children can be messy with their food habits and use of washrooms. Unkept cafeterias and dining rooms will attract unwanted pests. They can bring with them illnesses by carrying pathogens.
Having a pest free environment is important for health and hygiene of students, teachers, staff and administrators. School and college communities should be educated about the importance of maintaining hygiene and keep the premises pest free all through the year.
Pest Control in Schools and Colleges - Preventive Measures:
Maintain the premises:
- Seal all holes and entry points of the institute’s structure where pests could gain entry from.
- Watch out for leakages in kitchen or washrooms and fix them immediately.
- Clean dining areas immediately after lunch break.
- Trim branches and shrubs and keep them away from the building structure.
- Maintain proper drainage system in the school or college.
- Create awareness among students and the premises community about pests and pest infestation symptoms so that corrective measure could be taken immediately.
- Guidelines for maintaining hygiene should be in place for everyone accessing the institution.
A pest infestation will create panic situation among students, teachers or others in the community and will damage the educational institution’s reputation severely. So if you spot a pest in your school it is time to call a pest control professional.
Not sure of the right solution for pest control in Schools and Colleges?
Our expert will call you to answer your questions and suggest the right solution.