- Infestations found in dead carcasses or garbage. Fleshfly is rarely found indoors, if this does happen it is likely that a dead animal is infested indoors.
Life Cycle of Flesh fly:
- Eggs: Female deposits live larvae on suitable organic matter like dead carcass of birds/animals/spoilt meat or fish or decaying food waste.
- Larva: Feed on this organic matter and molts few times before pupating in adjacent drier parts
- Pupa: matures in 8-15 days
- Adult: is around 12-15 mm long. Thorax is light grey and has three distinct longitudinal stripes on them with a pattern of Silver and grey on the abdomen.