What is a DENGUE fever:
Dengue Fever is an illness caused by infection with a virus transmitted by the Aedes mosquito.
Symptoms of Dengue Fever:
- Skin Rashes
- Prolonged Fever
Dengue Fever and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever are the most common mosquito borne viral disease in the world.
If you get a second Dengue Infection, you can get a worse infection such as Dengue Hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome which can be fatal.
Characteristics Of Aedes Mosquito
It Bites during the day.
- It Lays egg in clean, Shady and stagnant water,
- It has a distinct black and white stripe on its body.
- Only Female aedes mosquito feeds on blood. This is because they need the protein found in the blood to produce eggs. Male Mosquitoes feed only on plant nectar.
- On average, a female Aedes mosquito can lay about 300 eggs during her life span of 14 to 21 days.
HOW TO PREVENT
- Remove all sources of stagnant water.
- Change water in vases / bowls every other day.
- Add sand granular insecticide to water.
- Remove water from flower pot plates every other day.
- Turn over all storage containers.
- Clear blockages or apply insecticide on roof gutters at least once a month,
- Use service of GingerBay Service for carrying out Mosquito control treatment.